Monday, March 21, 2011

SPRING must have looks!

Owwkaay, maybe I'm a little late to review 2011 Spring Collection, but better late than never, eh? I've done my researches over some magazines, websites and even entertainments and they really help me a lot cause I did not go to New York or Paris to attend the fashion week. DUH! Anyway, I will jot down some Spring 2011 must have looks. You might have different opinions but I hope this could still help you. So....


The Spring 2011 Must Have Looks :


1. Pajamas!
"Pajamas? What the heck is she talking about!" Hold your horses guys. Pajamas looks are very popular among the spring 2011 runway show. I'm talking about long skirts, baggy tops and lousy hair. From Michael Kors, Proenza Schouler to Reed Krakoff, the pajamas dressing is a total hits! 


 I know that this look is kinda hard to pull, especially to girls with curves, like myself, however, we can always try to make it similar. The key point for the pajamas look is being as casual as we can. So, lets say if we want to wear a simple baggy white t's, we can spice it up with a long bold colour skirt or high waist trousers. This will definitely make us look slender and not make us look larger. For skinny girl with a straight figure, you can definitely have an all white pajamas look from head to toe. But, tone it up with a brown heels or gladiator


2. BOLD COLOURS!
Aaahh, this is what I love about Spring Collection, Bold-Brave Colours! I've been waiting for the spring or summer season cause it is more suitable to wear spring collection in this really really hot country, Singapore. Bold colours are very popular among this year's spring runway. We have seen bold colours in Tommy Hilfiger's, Tory Burch's and Rag and Bone's runway show this season. What an alarm for the fashion eyes to see such colours light up the fashion week. 


Wearing outfit with bold colours may need more confident than wearing black or safe colours, but bold colours are really fun. It's really fresh, young and all eyes are definitely going to be on us. So, I really recommend teenagers out there to start substituting your all black and white closets with some bold colours! You're gonna regret it if you don't. 


3. It's all about the pattern
From Zac Posen, Marni, to Prada, pattern play is another spring must have looks. The graphic content of the outifts are a starring role on the runways. Forget about plain shirt and move on to patterns! If you are tired of people judging your boring/safe look, you can mix it up by adding some graphic outfits to your look. I assure you, when you walk with some stand out pattern, you will be the centre of attention. 


Okay, pattern play can be difficult. For those of you who think you can pull off two patterns in one time, jut go for it and be confident. But, if you guys think two pattern are a little crowded, you can tone it down with a one colour outfit that the same colour theme with your pattern. In that way, you still look bold but your colour blocking with the patttern does not shine down the graphics. 


4. WHITE, WHITE and WHITE
White is a clean up act  aside from the bold colours that have been going on in spring's runways. Minimal white is a come back since many years we haven't seen white as a trend. It's obvious that Calvin Klein is the master of simplicity that goes with white, but Alexander Wang and Derek Lam won't let him get away with it. Long dresses, wide trousers, all are in white. 


So here is the problem with white, it makes you look bigger. However, most expensive or branded clothes willl not have this problem. Try to add a belt or jacket with different colours to make you look smaller and hide all the figures showing off. But when the white outfit id right, you will look cool with the long trousers and blazer or have an angelic look with a simple dress. 


5. That 70's Show
Where can i begin with seventies theme? Let me ask my friends Chris Benz, Elie Tahari and Marc Jacobs first about that. They trully rock the runway with vintage fever, wide leg trousers and high waisted denim. It's definitely a to-die-for! I bet my momma would love to wear them when I tell her all about it and there are tons of vintage clothes inside my closet. I'll try to show you in the next posts. 


Ask your mom to open her old closets again and take all her vintage clothes! I bet there are junk of her outfits when she was a virgin that can totally fit you. Children's body has the tendency to follow their parents. So, instead of asking your mom to buy expensive clothes, try her's first. To make this look more modern, add killer heels and just let down your hair, don't tie it up. 


So I guess these are some highlights, which are my favourites, for the Spring 2011 Collection must have looks. Don't ever be afraid to try some daring outfits. It might do you good, I promise you!
(all pictures are the courtesy of style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment